Frequently Asked Questions about the Greenough Association Fund

What churches are eligible to receive grants from the Greenough Association?

To be eligible for grants from the Greenough Association, churches must be affiliated with American Baptist Churches of Maine (https://abcom.org), and listed in the ABCOM Handbook.
To see if your church is listed, you can use this search tool , or contact ABCOM at (207) 622-6291

What types of expenses are eligible for a grant from the Greenough Association?

Grants from the Greenough Church Edifice Association are to be used solely for capital outlay

What is the deadline to submit a Grant Proposal?

Eligible churches must have annual grant applications submitted by January 15th, for consideration by the Greenough Trustees at the Annual Meeting of the Association in May.

How much of my church's project can be funded by a Greenough grant?

Trustees use a Cost Sharing approach in determining the amount of an individual grant. 

Churches are expected to raise the major portion of the project cost. 

A Greenough award is designed to supplement project funding, and provide incentive to reach the goal and complete the project. 

Do I need to use the Application Form to submit a Grant Application?


You are not required to use the Application Form. You may send a traditional letter that includes:

However, use of the Application Form is the safest way to assure that all the necessary information is present to consider your church's request. It also gives you a copy of the completed application for your records.

What is the mailing address to submit a Grant Proposal?

Submit the completed Application Form and associated materials by U.S. Post or alternate carrier (UPS, FedEx) to:

Who do I contact if I have more questions?

For additional information please contact:

Mark Johnson, Secretary: mjohnson@greenough.org

For additional information on American Baptist Churches in Maine, go to www.abcom.org